UPDATE – Walter Bosse Hedgehog Dishes: How to Spot the Differences

I’ve updated this article and moved it over to Modern Vienna Bronze’s new Blog! You can find the new article HERE as well as read more and keep up on all Walter Bosse news and updates. Keep collecting!

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “UPDATE – Walter Bosse Hedgehog Dishes: How to Spot the Differences”

1. montyveda August 7, 2011 at 1:04 pm #

I found one of these in a car boot sale in Denmark years ago. Didn’t know anything about it until I noticed one on Ebay for £145.00 … mine appears to be one of your fakes :(

2. ruffianwolf October 28, 2011 at 8:09 am #

Thanks for your information :)…I found few items on yahoo for sale…but not sure which one is fake or real….because it makes no sense to have a fake one:p

3. mawes November 19, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

just found your blog. really love all your finds!

4. Elaine Sloan November 27, 2011 at 9:42 am #

I think I have a genuine Bosse poodle, but I cannot find any maker mark on it at all. It is only about 1 1/2″ tall and the same in length.

How do I know if it is a genuine Walter Bosse poodle?

Thank you.

Elaine

5. thecollectedlife March 24, 2012 at 11:03 am #

thanks for the great, informative post! I have a set of the white ceramic trays and I agree they are “bosse-inspired” rather than fakes, in material choice and slight difference in appearance.
    Happy collecting!

6. rob August 6, 2012 at 8:30 am #

Hi, have just found your site and it is fascinating. I picked up a silver plated ring holder with a “Bosse inspired” donkey on it yesterday at the car boot sale and was researching it when I found out about Bosse and his animals.
    Thanks very much.
    All the best,
    rob

7. Jane / MulchMaid November 25, 2012 at 9:26 pm #

We’ve had a fake (Russian, based on the mark) for decades. I just knew I loved the design but never knew anything about its origin. Thanks for the interesting info!

8. Anthony Hollis July 25, 2013 at 4:38 am #

I have had one of the cat egg cups for forty years, and recently worked out from yours and other sites exactly what it is. I have since bought another one for my wife which looks as good and well made as the first. I am reasonable sure they are not fakes. The only difference is that the latest purchase has whiskers whereas the first one does not. They are both marked Baller Austria on the base. It could be the after years of my children playing with the cat athe whiskers rubbed off. Did all the cats have whiskers please? If I could find one, how much would I expect tipsy for a genuine hedgehog please?